Pancit Molo is a wonton soup dish version of the Filipinos. Here is an easy instruction on how to prepare it for more or less than an hour!
Ingredients for the Wonton
- 1 1/2 lbs. of ground pork
- 15 pieces of medium shrimp (shell must be removed and deveined)
- 30 to 35 pieces of wonton wrapper
- 1 medium yellow onion (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 piece of egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
Ingredients for the soup
- 1/2 serving of rotisserie chicken
- 48 oz. of chicken broth
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup of toasted garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- For the wonton, begin by chopping the shrimp into small pieces and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the ground pork, onion, sesame oil, egg, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in the mixing bowl. Combine thoroughly.
- Place a wonton wrapper flat on a plate—scoop 1 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture into the center of the wrapper. Form a triangle with the wonton wrapper. Press the sides together to keep the meat mixture in place. Inwardly fold both sides of the triangle wrapper. Place aside. Continue with this step until all of the pork mixtures have been consumed.
- In a soup pot, combine water and chicken broth to make the soup. Allow coming to a boil.
- Place the rotisserie chicken on the soup pot (with bones)—boil for 20 minutes, covered, on low heat. Temporarily turn off the heat.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside to cool. Discard the bones and separate the meat from the bones. Meat should be shredded.
- Restart the heat and wait for the liquid to reboil. Stir in the shredded chicken meat.
- Place the wontons in the soup pot. Cook and cover it for 5 to 10 minutes on low to medium heat.
- Add the fish sauce and half of the scallions, chopped. Stir well.
- Place on a serving plate. Garnish with toasted garlic and additional scallions if desired.
- Serve while it is hot. Enjoy!